Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, April 29, 2011

My Mom is a Survivor

My Mom is a Survivor
by: Kaye Des'Ormeaux
My mom is a survivor, Or so I have heard it said.
But I can hear her crying When all others are in bed.
I watch her lay awake at night And go to hold her hand.
She doesn’t know I’m with her To help her understand.
But like the sands upon the beach That never wash away...
I watch over my surviving mom, Who thinks of me each day.
She wears a smile for others... A smile of disguise.
But through heaven’s open door I see tears flowing from her eyes
My mom tries to cope with my death To keep my memory alive.
But to anyone who knows her Knows it’s her way to survive.
As I watch over my surviving mom Through heaven’s open door...
I try to tell her Angels protect me forevermore.
I know that doesn’t help her... Or ease the burden she bears.
So if you get a chance, talk to her... And show her that you care.
For no matter what she says... No matter what she feels.
My surviving mom has a broken heart That time won’t ever heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment