Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Worry Not

It is amazing how God shows me daily that he is with me and that my daughter is alright, and that we will be alright.  This weekend Anna Rose, my cousin's daughter, was christened.  I was so happy and proud to be a witness to her special day and participate in the celebration.  Needless to say, emotionally, this was a rough weekend.  After the brunch today, I went to the cemetery to see Gabriella.  It was a beautiful day, the best one in terms of weather so far.  I sat with my mother and made plans to decorate Gabriella's gravesite in the weeks and months to come.  I am so sad that my plans are to decorate a grave, it should be her room.  The reality sets in more and more everyday.  Typically, I go to Sunday morning mass. I missed this morning. So, I decided to go to the evening mass looking for some words of comfort after a wary day.  If you could have hand picked the readings for me, you could not have picked them better.  Once again, God is showing me his love and support; assuring me everything is alright and my daughter is safe. Thank you Lord for knowing what I need and giving it to me.


Is 49:14-15
Zion said, “The LORD has forsaken me;
my LORD has forgotten me.”
Can a mother forget her infant,
be without tenderness for the child of her womb?
Even should she forget,
I will never forget you.

Jesus said to his disciples:
“No one can serve two masters.
He will either hate one and love the other,
or be devoted to one and despise the other.
You cannot serve God and mammon.
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life,
what you will eat or drink,
or about your body, what you will wear.
Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
Look at the birds in the sky;
they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns,
yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are not you more important than they?
Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life-span?
Why are you anxious about clothes?
Learn from the way the wild flowers grow.
They do not work or spin.
But I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor
was clothed like one of them.
If God so clothes the grass of the field,
which grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow,
will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith?
So do not worry and say, ‘What are we to eat?’
or ‘What are we to drink?’or ‘What are we to wear?’
All these things the pagans seek.
Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness,
and all these things will be given you besides.
Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself.
Sufficient for a day is its own evil.”

No comments:

Post a Comment