Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Staying Positive

It isn't always easy to stay positive.  Many people have commented to me about my attitude and my 'out look'. But, I suppose I try not to concentrate on the negative.  I look at the glass as half full, or at least I try.  I could get caught up in the 'tragedy' of it all, but, make an effort not to.  I try to remember and concentrate on the extraordinary kindness and acts of love bestowed upon me and my family.  I continually remind myself of my blessings. I have so much to be thankful for.

I recently heard someone say, "what you feed will grow and what you don't will starve".  Isn't this true?  I never thought of it that way before.  I realize that is what I have been doing and what I intend to do. 
Think about it, in your own life.  If you are feeding into negative people and situations, you are feeding negative energy, resulting in the over abundance of negativity.  If you are starving the positive influences in your life, you are in fact squelching any chance of them blossoming in your garden of life.  You are losing out on their beauty and sweet fragrance.  It is a choice.  We all choose.  What do you choose?

After speaking to a friend, the point of choosing became all the more clear to me.  I realized there are two sides to everything, and perception is everything. How we see things will make or break us.  I don't want to break, so I put my energy into finding the good and positive, kind things about every situation. Even if it is to just say, "I know better for next time." I find most people are far too hard on themselves.  I find too many people get so caught up in what they didn't do, or do right, that they miss the lesson they learned.  They don't give them self credit for the valuable growth they experienced through their hardship.  Live and learn, right? So many live, but fail to learn. 

I am not a perfect person.  I am far from it. I really just felt like this is something I wanted to share.  My wish for those I love is that they open their hearts, minds and spirits to all the good in the universe and let it feed their soul, and then pay it forward.

2 comments:

  1. Well said my friend.



    hurting is human. Dwelling on negativity is deadly.

    love you

    ReplyDelete